Food Bank Xtra
Milton Keynes Council and MK Food Bank have teamed up to offer more help to local people in crisis.
How to donate:
You can donate at:
- Supermarkets. Most supermarkets have an official Food Bank collection bin. These include ASDA, the Co-op, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Tesco's and Waitrose.
- Saxon Court Food can also be dropped off at the main reception at Saxon Court, 502 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 3HS between 10:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday. There is no need to call in advance. If you need to arrange a specific time to drop off donations, or would like to donate a large amount of food, please call 01908 322800.
Food Bank Xtra is in need of:
- Long life cartons: milk - whole or semi-skimmed, fruit juice.
- Tinned: spaghetti, custard, rice pudding, fruit, vegetables, baked beans, pulses, meat, fish, tomatoes, soup .
- Jars: spread (jam, peanut butter, marmite etc.) and pasta sauce.
- Packets: soup, noodles, dried pasta, pulses and rice (500g or smaller), biscuits.
- Breakfast cereal or porridge oats (500g packets or smaller).
- Tea bags.
- Nappies, sanitary towels, baby formula, toilet rolls and soap.
- We can't accept anything fresh, so please do not donate these items.
If you can't donate food but would still like to help, you can make a financial donation.
To Get Help:
Food Bank Xtra is specifically for people who receive benefits, free school meals for their children, who are in severe debt or crisis, are unemployed, homeless, or at risk of homelessness and other similar vulnerable situations.
You can access Food Bank Xtra by contacting the Food Bank Xtra Helpline on 01908 565852 between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday. If you can't get through, please text HELP to 07710 385785 and you'll be called back between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday to discuss your situation in confidence with experienced staff.
A colleague will then advise you of your nearest collection centre, and (for some centres) a time slot to visit. You will need to bring ID to the centre for every family member. If someone is collecting on your behalf, they will need to bring your ID. You will also be required to provide evidence of eligibility.
There are collection centres at:
- Melrose Centre, Bletchley, MK3 6PA
- Milton Keynes Christian Centre, Strudwick Drive, Oldbrook, MK6 2TG
- King’s Community Centre, Creed St, Wolverton, MK12 5LY
- Daisychain Family Centre - Abbeys Primary School, Melrose Avenue, West Bletchley, MK3 6PS
- The Rowans Family Centre - 13A Moorfoot, Fullers Slade, MK11 2BD
- Moorlands Family Centre - 8 Dodkin, Beanhill, MK6 4LP
- Hedgerows Family Centre - Langland Road, Netherfield, MK6 4NP
- CMK Library - 555 Silbury Boulvard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HL
- Spotlight Centre - Serpentine Court, Bletchley, MK2 3QR
Last Updated: 24 July 2020