Citizens Advice Milton Keynes - Advice and Information Service for Vulnerable Adults
This is a dedicated advice and information service is for vulnerable adults to offer help on a wide range of personal, practical, financial and legal issues to:
- Older people
- Carers (Including Parent and Young Carers)
- People with mental health conditions
- People with chronic, long term or life limiting illnesses
- People with a physical, sensory or learning disability
- People with literacy or language difficulties.
- Young people leaving care
Access and Referrals
01908 545191 for an initial discussion and to arrange an appointment, if necessary.
Visit the main advice centre (Acorn House, 381 Midsummer Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HP) or any of the 13 community outreach locations across the borough and make a request to be seen by an adviser.
Self-referrals to email@example.com
Third Party / Agency Referral
- People who are being supported by a professional or an agency working within Adult Social Care and Statutory Advocacy can be referred to the service directly by their support worker or advocate.
- Referrals can be made by professionals via the dedicated telephone number or using a secure e-referral form linked to the local website. https://www.miltonkeynescab.org.uk/contact-us/third-party-referrals/
The service is accessible 5 days per week to both vulnerable adults and those professionals who are supporting them such as advocates or social workers.
- Telephone - The helpline (01908 54519) is open Monday to Friday between 10:00am - 3:00pm to receive both referrals and direct enquires from vulnerable adults.
- Face to Face (Initial Contact) - Clients can visit the main drop in service, at Midsummer Boulevard, Tuesday and Friday, 09:00am - 2:00pm.
People accessing the service for the first time whether by phone or face to face, will be given a short, structured, diagnostic, triage interview to ensure that they receive continuity and consistency of support thereafter that takes into account their level of vulnerability.
Note: for the purposes of searching the previous organisation name /acronym has been added to this page: Citizens Advice Bureau /CAB