Help after illness or hospital admission

Our aim

Our aim is to support you to be as independent as possible and to help you remain in your own home where it is safe to do so.

We may be able to give you information about services which you can arrange yourself, and/or you might need some short term reablement or rehabilitation services (also called Intermediate Care) to help you regain your independence.

Before you leave hospital

Everyone concerned with your care should be satisfied that you will be able to manage when you go home. If you, or others, think that you will need social care support you should ask for a referral to Adult Social Care. In many cases this will be arranged with us by the hospital staff, or you can ask for this yourself, or a friend or relative can ask on your behalf.

Reablement services

Reablement services are provided by Milton Keynes City Council and rehabilitation is provided by Community Health Services, sometimes you may require support from both teams who work closely together.

Reablement services are short term, up to six weeks, and can include

  • Support with personal care
  • The identification of social activities to support your wellbeing
  • Provision of equipment to support your independence 

If you need more support after your period of rehabilitation this will be arranged with you or you will be given information about how to arrange it.

Adult Services - Adult Social Care ACCESS Team

Adult Social Care ACCESS Team contact information

Monday to Friday 8:45am - 5:00pm, Civic, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes MK9 3EJ