Children and Families Practices (Central, North, South)

What are Children and Families Practices?

Children and Families Practices (CFPs) are part of Milton Keynes Council’s Children and Families Services. Our aim is to make sure that children (up to 19 years old) and their families receive the right level of support when they need it most. We will work with families to provide short term support which will be tailored to meet individual family needs.


How CFPs will work with you?

We will work with you and your family to identify your family’s needs. A named key worker will be your regular point of contact and will develop a plan of support with you that suits you and your family. The key worker will also act as the single point of contact for any other agency that is identified to provide support.


We will:

Work with you to ensure your children do well at school and maintain good attendance. Provide you with practical advice and support and access to parenting groups. Work with you to develop and maintain positive family relationships. Make sure children and young people’s views are listened to. Signpost you to suitable support services including, job and training opportunities, budgeting and debt advice.


Who will CFPs work with?

CFPs are made up of teams of experienced staff with a range of knowledge and skills in early help and family based support and advice. They have effective links with partner organisations, which will ensure you receive the best coordinated support. These organisations include:

  • Schools, Children and Family Centres, Nurseries
  • Health services
  • Housing
  • Children’s Social Care
  • Youth Services
  • Police
  • Youth offending and probation services
  • Community and voluntary group


How can I get help from a CFP?

If you feel like you need extra support, have a chat with your child’s school, nursery or children and family centre or someone else like a health visitor or youth worker may also talk to you if they think a CFP could help you.  If you agree, they will contact the appropriate CFP on your behalf.  You can also refer yourself or find out more information by calling the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub - 01908 253169 or 253170 or by email at