Wildlife Crimes

Report the harm or disturbance to wildlife 

Wildlife crime includes buying, selling, harming or disturbing wild animals or plants that are protected by law. 

Wildlife crimes can include: 

  • animal cruelty 
  • poaching or coursing 
  • trading in protected species or products 
  • damaging or destroying the habitat of a protected animal 
  • taking protected plants 
  • disturbing or killing wild birds or taking their eggs 

Report a wildlife crime to the police 

If you witness a suspected wildlife crime you should report it to the police - do not take action yourself. Many police forces have special wildlife crime officers. 

You should: 

  • call 999 to report a suspected wildlife crime taking place 
  • call 101 for non-emergencies - you will be put in touch with Thames Valley Police 

If you prefer to remain anonymous, you can call CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111, or report it online.