Play areas

The council does not undertake any landscaping work on land that is owned by The Parks Trust or the parish councils listed below:

These areas have appointed their own contractors or are undertaking the work themselves and any complaints, compliments or enquiries should be made directly to the respective Town or Parish Councils or the Parks Trust.  Land that is the responsibility of The Parks Trust can be found on the council mapping system “My MK”

How to report a problem

Equality Act 2010(c.20)

Prior to the 1st October 2004 all suppliers of services, be they charged or free, were obliged to make “reasonable adjustments” to physical features on all of their services to be as accessible as possible to people of all abilities.

Given the number of play areas under Council care it could not be seen as reasonable to address all of the issues at once. To be realistic, the resources available to the Council are not sufficient to do anything other than manage the current Play areas.

In some cases this management can involve removal of some equipment, as and when it comes to the end of its safe maintainable life span. The Council can at that time address its responsibility under the Equalities Act and identify any features, which prevent full access to the equipment. This can done in one of four ways under the act:

  • remove the feature
  • alter it so that it no longer has that effect
  • provide a reasonable means of avoiding the feature
  • provide a reasonable alternative method of making the service in question available to disabled persons