Licensing Register - Applications Received / Licences Issued

Please note that the Licensing Register is currently only compatible with Microsoft Edge if you do not have this browser, you can request the information by email.

When accessing the Licensing Register by Microsoft Edge, if you follow the next steps you can access the application documents:

  • Click on the “…” menu and select “Reload in Internet Explorer mode”
  • An option will then appear to “Open this page in Internet Explorer mode next time” – select this and then “Done". 

November 2005 saw the introduction of a new licensing regime administered by Local Councils.

The following activities will require a Licence:

  • Sale or supply of alcohol (e.g. at pubs, social clubs, off licences, and restaurants
  • Sale of hot food after 11pm (e.g. from late night restaurants and takeaways)
  • Provision of Regulated Entertainment (e.g. live music, dancing, cinema, theatres, indoor sports).

Once granted, people who are affected also have the right to ask for a licence to be reviewed if they feel that any of the four licensing objectives are being compromised.

  • Prevention of crime and disorder;
  • Public safety;
  • Prevention of public nuisance; and
  • Protection of children from harm.

The following guidance note provides information of how to request a review Guidance Note 6 Requesting a Licence Review (PDF, 113KB)

You can use the following link to apply to the licensing authority to review the premises licence or club premises certificate (PDF, 51KB)

The Licensing Authority has to keep a public register of applications received which is viewable at the Civic Offices, Milton Keynes during weekday hours.

View the new complete Licensing Register containing details of all premise licence applications, live personal licenses and temporary event notices received. Archived personal licence records are available by request using the following link: (Please note that the  Licensing Register is currently only compatible with Internet Explorer). If you do not have Internet Explorer, you can request the information by email. Hint: The search engine works better with less detail. For example search a road name or area for address, or one word in the pub title: ‘Dog’ for the ‘Dog and Duck Pub’