Dangerous wild animals licence


No person is allowed to keep an animal that is listed in the Schedule of the Dangerous Wild Animals Act, unless they have a licence, which has been granted by Milton Keynes Council. 

If you would like to look at the list of animals, which range from armadillos to vipers, you can read The Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 (Modification) Order 2007.

How do I apply?

The completed application form should be returned to the Licensing Team at the address given in the form.

Or it can be submitted online with supporting documentation and payment: Licensing Application Licence Type Form - MyCouncil (milton-keynes.gov.uk)

How much does the licence cost?

Animal Licensing fees 2024 - 2025

Trading Standards Team

Trading Standards Team contact information

  • 0808 223 1133 (freephone) - Consumer advice and complaints

Civic, 1 Saxon Gate East, Milton Keynes MK9 3EJ