An update on progress with a number of major projects in Bletchley and Fenny Stratford, including the redevelopment land around Bletchley Train Station and the creation of a new tech hub are scheduled to be considered at a council meeting next week.
Milton Keynes was successful in securing £22.7m last year as part of the Government’s Towns Fund, to invest in Bletchley and Fenny Stratford. The city’s bid was put together by the Bletchley and Fenny Town’s Deal Board made up of local representatives and organisations.
Since then, the Board has continued working with the local community to develop business cases for eight projects that will bring transformational change to the area. The Council’s Cabinet will review the progress being made at a meeting on 7 June, with six of the business cases now completed.
The proposals include:
- Transport Hub – exploring options for the redevelopment of land around Bletchley Station
- Tech Park Bletchley – providing flexible and mobile access to digital skills training for students and the wider community
- Innovation Hub - demolition of the Old Fire Station has been completed, paving the way for new homes and a mixed use employment scheme
- Town Centre improvements – improvements to the appearance, attractiveness and safety of Bletchley and Fenny Stratford town centres
- New redway links – better connections between Newton Leys and the Lakes Estate to Central Bletchley
- Investment in fibre connectivity - improving superfast internet
- Bletchley Park - enhancing its learning and education facilities
Marketing Bletchley and Fenny Stratford investment opportunities - not letting units sit empty for too long by encouraging new investment in the area.