MK Heritage News and Events
Annual Archaeology Day 2018
This free open day returns on Saturday 3rd November to Christ the Cornerstone Church, 300 Saxon Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 2ES.
The draft programe is:
- The launch of ‘Wulfhere’s People: A mid-Anglo-Saxon Cemetery at Wolverton, Milton Keynes’ (flyer attached)
- Stands, displays and activities from local heritage groups
- ‘Hands On’ archaeology for young people hosted by Border Archaeology
- Finds ID and handling by the Portable Antiquities Scheme
- Short talks on recent work at: Kickles Farm, Newport Pagnell – Prehistoric and Saxon settlement; Eaton Leys / Magiovinium – Roman Town environs; Western Expansion Area / Glebe Fm, Wavendon – Iron Age & Roman settlement.
- Talk on ‘The Thames Discovery Programme and the Archaeology of the Thames Foreshore’ by Eliott Wragg, Thames Discovery Programme http://www.thamesdiscovery.org/
For more information, contact Nick Crank, Senior Archaeological Officer on 01908 254259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or view last year’s event detail on the links to the side.
Last Updated: 24 October 2018