Biodiversity Supplementary Planning Document (2021)
The Delegated Decision report recommending adoption of the SPD is available to view at:
The adoption of the SPD enables the implementation of Policies NE2 and NE3 and expand upon other polices of our Local Plan (Plan:MK). It provides:
- A guide for working with protected and priority species and habitats which are likely to be impacted upon by proposed developments.
- Details of our requirements for applicants to build nature conservation features into developments, ensuring that a measurable net-gain to biodiversity is achieved in accordance with Plan:MK and national planning policies.
- Guidance for the construction phase, monitoring and future management of the development sites.
Consultation on the Draft Biodiversity SPD 2020
Milton Keynes Council consulted on a Draft Biodiversity SPD for a period of eight weeks, between Monday 28 September 2020 until Monday 23 November 2020.
Following the consultation period, all comments received were taken into consideration by the Council in finalising the SPD for adoption.
A copy of the draft Biodiversity SPD (1) which was consulted on, can be viewed below, alongside a copy of the associated SEA Screening Statement (2) and a document which outlines all comments received during the consultation and an associated Officer response (3).
- Draft Planning Biodiversity SPD September 2020 (PDF, 990KB)
- SEA Screening Statement September 2020 (PDF, 556KB)
- Draft Biodiversity SPD (2020) Consultation Responses and Officer Response (PDF, 478KB)
Last Updated: 25 July 2021