Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan
Current position, August 2018
Referendum Information, 11 October, 2018
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 11 October 2018.
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
'Do you want Milton Keynes Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Campbell Park to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?'
The Referendum area is identified on the map within the Information Statement which is available below. This is the same as the designated Neighbourhood Plan area for Campbell Park.
A person is entitled to vote in the Residential Referendum if, on 11 October 2018:
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the referendum area and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply to this Referendum is £2,980.62.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A number of "specified documents" have to be published for the Referendum. These provide information about the Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan and the planning system in general.
The specified documents can be viewed here:
- A copy of the Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 4MB)
- A statement (PDF, 291KB) providing specific information about the Referendum including a map of the Neighbourhood Plan area.
- A statement (PDF, 310KB) that sets out general information about Town and Country Planning, including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (information for voters).
- The report of the Independent Examiner (PDF, 232KB) on the Neighbourhood Plan.
- A summary of the Regulation 16 responses (PDF, 302KB) to the submitted Neighbourhood Plan.
- A statement (PDF, 188KB)by Milton Keynes Council that the Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan meets the Basic Conditions and complies with the relevant legislation.
A copy of the specified documents may also be viewed in person at the following places:
Milton Keynes Council, Civic Offices, Milton Keynes Council Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ, during normal office hours 9am-5.15pm
Milton Keynes Central Library, 555 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes MK9 3HL. Open Monday to Wednesday and Friday 9am-6pm, Thursday 9am-8pm, Saturday 9am -5pm, Sunday 11am-2pm.
Campbell Park Parish Office,1 Pencarrow Place, Fishermead, MK6 2AS
If you have any questions, you can:
• Call us on: 01908 691691 between Monday to Friday (10:00 – 15:00)
• E-mail us at, email@example.com or
• Visit the Planning Policy pages
• For general information about Neighbourhood Planning click here.
Following the receipt of the Examiner’s report on the Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan, Milton Keynes Council, in conjunction with the Parish Council, has reviewed the report’s recommendations and agreed a number of changes to the submitted Neighbourhood Plan, in order to bring the Plan into conformity with the Basic Conditions. For more information please see:
- The Officer Decision (PDF, 274KB) to proceed to referendum following the further consultation.
- The Council’s consideration of the Examiner’s recommendations. (PDF, 362KB)
For earlier stages in the preparation of the Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan please see here.
Milton Keynes Council appointed John Parmiter on 12 April to review the proposed submission of the Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan. John has 40 years’ of experience working in planning and development industry. The examiner’s main role is to ensure that the neighbourhood plan meets the basic conditions and is able to proceed to referendum.
The examination process will be conducted through written representations and an independent site visit. The examiner’s report will be published here once it has been received.
The Parish Council submitted the Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan to Milton Keynes Council on 5th February 2018.
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations, 2012, Milton Keynes Council is now publicising the submitted Neighbourhood Plan and its accompanying documents for 6 weeks from Wednesday 14 February 2018 to 5pm on Wednesday 28 March 2018.
The Consultation Summary Note (PDF, 87KB) provides more information about the plan and the consultation arrangements.
Any comments on the submitted Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan must be received by the Development Plans Team at the following address before 5pm on Wednesday 28 March, 2018:
By post to:
c/o Development Plans Team
Milton Keynes Council
1 Saxon Gate East
Central Milton Keynes
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that all comments that we receive will be publicly available and may be included on our website.
A hard copy of the documents are also available to inspect at the following locations:
- Milton Keynes Council Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ, during normal office hours 9am-5.15pm
- Central library, 555 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HL
- Campbell Park Parish Council offices, Pencarrow Place, Fishermead
Campbell Park Parish council carried out a 6 week consultation on the pre-submission draft neighbourhood plan over November and December, 2016. Information about the Campbell Park Neighburhood Plan can be seen on the Parish Council’s website at: http://www.campbell-park.gov.uk/neighbourhood-plan.html
Neighbourhood Area Designation - 28 May 2013
Following a Delegated Decision on the 28 May 2013, the area put forward by Campbell Park Parish Council in their Neighbourhood Plan Area Application has now been approved as a Neighbourhood Plan Area.
To comply with regulation 7 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Milton Keynes Council is publicising the following details:
•The name of the Neighbourhood Area: Campbell Park Neighbourhood Area.
•The name of the relevant body who applied for the designation: Campbell Park Parish Council
•A map of the designated area can be viewed at Campbell Park Neighbourhood Area Map (PDF, 2MB)
Submission and Consultation
In February 2013, Campbell Park Parish Council applied to Milton Keynes Council, in accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, to designate a Campbell Park Neighbourhood Plan Area.
The application and a statement explaining why and how Campbell Park Parish Council intends to prepare a Neighbourhood Plan, and how the organisation and area meet the conditions of Section 61G(2) and 61F(5) of the Town And Country Planning Act, 1990 can be viewed at:
In accordance with Regulation 6 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 Milton Keynes Council consulted residents and other interested stakeholders on this application. The Consultation ran for a 6 week period from Monday 18 March 2013 to Monday 29 April 2013. A copy of the consultation statement can be viewed at the link below.
This was not a consultation on the Neighbourhood Plan itself, but merely the identification of the area for which the parish or town council wished to prepare a neighbourhood development plan.
Following the close of the 6 week consultation period, Milton Keynes Council considered all the comments received and prepared a report and recommendation to take to the Delegated Decision on the 28 May 2013.
Last Updated: 3 September 2018