North Crawley Neighbourhood plan
Current Position, September 2019
At the referendum on the neighbourhood plan that took place on 26 September, 2019, 169 of the votes cast were in favour of the Neighbourhood Plan being made part of the Development Plan for Milton Keynes and 206 were against. The turnout was 61.9%. The Declaration of Results can be seen here (PDF, 46KB).
Referendum Information, 26 September 2019
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the North Crawley Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday, 26th September 2019
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
'Do you want Milton Keynes Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for North Crawley to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?'
The Referendum area is identified on the map within the Information Statement which is available below. This is the same as the designated Neighbourhood Plan area for North Crawley.
A person is entitled to vote in the Residential Referendum if, on 26th September 2019:
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the referendum area and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply to this Referendum is £2,398.10.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A number of "specified documents" have to be published for the Referendum. These provide information about the North Crawley Neighbourhood Plan and the planning system in general.
The specified documents can be viewed here:
- A copy of the North Crawley Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 2.3MB)
- A statement (PDF, 350KB) providing specific information about the Referendum including a map of the Neighbourhood Plan area.
- A statement (PDF, 146KB) that sets out general information about Town and Country Planning, including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (information for voters).
- The report (PDF, 494KB) of the Independent Examiner on the Neighbourhood Plan.
- A summary of the Regulation 16 responses (PDF, 376KB) to the submitted Neighbourhood Plan.
- A statement (PDF, 98KB) by Milton Keynes Council that the North Crawley Neighbourhood Plan meets the Basic Conditions and complies with the relevant legislation.
A copy of the specified documents may be inspected at:
- Milton Keynes Council Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ, during normal office hours 9am-5.15pm
- Central Library, 555 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HL.
- Newport Pagnell Library, St John Street, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16 8HQ.
- Olney Library, High Street, Olney, MK46 4EF.
- Mobile Library - see details of routes and timetables at: https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/libraries/library-community/mobile-library-service
- In North Crawley, by arrangement with the parish clerk, Sheila Bushnell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have any questions, you can:
• Call us on: 01908 691691 between Monday to Friday (10:00 – 17:15)
• E-mail us at, email@example.com or
• Go to the Planning Policy pages of the website: https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/planning-and-building/planning-policy/neighbourhood-planning
Decision statement following receipt of Examiner's report
Following the receipt of the Examiner's report on the North Crawley Neighbourhood Plan, Milton Keynes Council has considered and accepted all of the Examiner's recommendations. The Neighbourhood Plan will now proceed to a referendum on 26th September 2019.
Following the publicity period on the submitted North Crawley Neighbourhood Plan, Milton Keynes Council has appointed Rosemary Kidd to conduct an examination of the Neighbourhood Plan. The examiner’s main role is to ensure that the neighbourhood plan meets the basic conditions and is able to proceed to referendum.
Should the examiner consider that a hearing is required as part of the examination then further information and arrangements for that will appear on this web page.
The examiner has prepared a Procedural Note (PDF, 103KB) which sets out the programme for the examination.
Milton Keynes Council’s response to the procedural note can be seen here (PDF, 390KB).
North Crawley Parish Council’s response to the procedural note can be seen here (PDF, 465KB).
The examiner has raised a number of questions on the Plan which can be seen here (PDF, 181KB).
Milton Keynes Council’s response to the examiner’s questions can be seen here (PDF, 483KB).
North Crawley Parish Council’s response to the examiner’s questions can be seen here. (PDF, 432KB)
Comments received during publicity period
Accepted late representations
Submitted Neighbourhood Plan documents:
Information relating to previous stages of the North Crawley Neighbourhood Plan is available to view here
Last Updated: 28 January 2020