Ravenstone Neighbourhood Plan
Current Position, March 2019
Referendum Information, 2 May 2019
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Ravenstone Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 2 May, 2019
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
'Do you want Milton Keynes Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Ravenstone to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?'
The Referendum area is identified on the map within the Information Statement which is available below. This is the same as the designated Neighbourhood Plan area for Ravenstone.
A person is entitled to vote in the Residential Referendum if, on 2 May 2019:
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the referendum area and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply to this Referendum is £2373.33.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A number of "specified documents" have to be published for the Referendum. These provide information about the Ravenstone Neighbourhood Plan and the planning system in general.
The specified documents can be viewed here:
- A copy of the Ravenstone Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 2.2MB)
- A statement (PDF, 617KB) providing specific information about the Referendum including a map of the Neighbourhood Plan area.
- A statement (PDF, 146KB) that sets out general information about Town and Country Planning, including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (information for voters).
- The report (PDF, 395KB) of the Independent Examiner on the Neighbourhood Plan.
- A summary of the Regulation 16 (PDF, 167KB)responses to the submitted Neighbourhood Plan.
- A statement (PDF, 98KB)by Milton Keynes Council that the Ravenstone Neighbourhood Plan meets the Basic Conditions and complies with the relevant legislation.
A copy of the specified documents may be inspected at:
- Milton Keynes Council Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ, during normal office hours 9am-5.15pm
- Central Library, 555 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HL.
- Newport Pagnell Library, St John Street, Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, MK16 8HQ.
- Olney Library, High Street, Olney, MK46 4EF.
- Mobile Library - see details of routes and timetables at: https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/libraries/library-community/mobile-library-service
If you have any questions, you can:
• Call us on: 01908 691691 between Monday to Friday (10:00 – 17:15)
• E-mail us at, email@example.com or
• Go to the Planning Policy pages of the website: https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/planning-and-building/planning-policy/neighbourhood-planning
Decision statement following receipt of Examiner's report
Following the receipt of the Examiner's report on the Ravenstone Neighbourhood Plan, Milton Keynes Council has considered and accepted all of the Examiner's recommendations, apart from one minor non-material change to part of recommendation 13. The Neighbourhood Plan will now proceed to a referendum on 2nd May 2019.
Previous stages of the Ravenstone Neighbourhood Plan can be seen here.
Last Updated: 15 March 2019