West Bletchley Neighbourhood Plan
Current Position, December 2018
Referendum Information, 14 February 2019
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the West Bletchley Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 14 February, 2019
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
'Do you want Milton Keynes Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for West Bletchley to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?'
The Referendum area is identified on the map within the Information Statement which is available below. This is the same as the designated Neighbourhood Plan area for West Bletchley.
A person is entitled to vote in the Residential Referendum if, on 14 February 2019:
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the referendum area and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply to this Referendum is £3,389.95
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A number of "specified documents" have to be published for the Referendum. These provide information about the West Bletchley Neighbourhood Plan and the planning system in general.
The specified documents can be viewed here:
- A copy of the West Bletchley Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 23MB) and its Appendices (PDF, 9.7MB),
- A statement (PDF, 240KB) providing specific information about the Referendum including a map of the Neighbourhood Plan area.
- A statement (PDF, 290KB) that sets out general information about Town and Country Planning, including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (information for voters).
- The report of the independent Examiner (PDF, 507KB) on the Neighbourhood Plan.
- A summary of the Regulation 16 responses (PDF, 394KB) to the submitted Neighbourhood Plan.
- A statement by Milton Keynes Council (PDF, 44KB) that the West Bletchley Neighbourhood Plan meets the Basic Conditions and complies with the relevant legislation.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed below, may be inspected during office hours at:
- Milton Keynes Council Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ, during normal office hours 9am-5.15pm
- Central library, 555 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HL.
- Bletchley Library, Westfield Road, Bletchley, MK2 2RA
- Westcroft Library – currently located at Tattenhoe Pavilion (The Pavilion, Holborn Crescent, Tattenhoe, MK4 3EQ)
- West Bletchley Council office at: 221 Whaddon Way, Bletchley. MK3 7DZ
If you have any questions, you can:
• Call us on: 01908 691691 between Monday to Friday (10:00 – 17:15)
• E-mail us at, firstname.lastname@example.org or
• Go to the Planning Policy pages of the website: https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/planning-and-building/planning-policy/neighbourhood-planning
• For general information about Neighbourhood Planning see: https://www.gov.uk/neighbourhoodplanning
Previous stages of the West Bletchley Neighbourhood Plan can be seen here.
Last Updated: 14 December 2018