West Bletchley Neighbourhood Plan
Current Position September (2018)
Milton Keynes Council appointed John Parmiter in July 2018 to review the proposed submission of the West Bletchley Neighbourhood Plan. John has 40 years’ of experience working in planning and development industry. The examiner’s main role is to ensure that the neighbourhood plan meets the basic conditions and is able to proceed to referendum.
The examination process will be conducted through written representations and an independent site visit. In advance of the examiner's report, he has asked MKC to clarify the following policy areas:
- What is the up-to-date position on housing need?
- What do you consider to be the strategic policies of the development plan;
- Is the BNH2 site an allocation that was removed from the Site Allocations Plan (I refer to your housing policy officer reps)? If so, can you please explain why (say by sending me an extract from the Inspector’s report)?
- Does the SEA take into account the recent court case about mitigation; and why does the Screening Report (App 4) omit the consultation advice?
The Council's response can be found here (PDF, 772KB) and the examiner’s report will be published here once it has been received.
The Parish Council submitted the West Bletchley Neighbourhood Plan to Milton Keynes Council in February 2018.
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations, 2012, Milton Keynes Council is now publicising the submitted Neighbourhood Plan and its accompanying documents for six weeks from Monday 7 May 2018 to 5pm on Tuesday 19 June 2018.
The Consultation Summary (PDF, 398KB) provides more information about the plan and the consultation arrangements.
- Evidence Base
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement
- Sustainability Statement including SEA Screening Statement
- Local Green Space sites assessment
West Bletchley Character Appraisal:
Following the publicity period, an independent examiner will be appointed to consider the neighbourhood plan and any comments received during the consultation. The examiner will decide if the plan and its policies meet the basic conditions that all neighbourhood plans must comply with and whether the plan should proceed to a local referendum.
Any comments on the submitted West Bletchley Neighbourhood Plan must be received by the Development Plans Team at the following address before 5pm on Tuesday 19 June, 2018:
By post to: Neighbourhood Planning, c/o Development Plans Team, Milton Keynes Council, Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ
By email to: email@example.com
Please be aware that all comments that we receive will be publicly available and may be included on our website.
A hard copy of the documents are also available to inspect at the following locations:
- Milton Keynes Council Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ, during normal office hours 9am-5.15pm
- Central library, 555 Silbury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3HL
- Bletchley Library
- Westcroft Library
- West Bletchley Council offices
Last Updated: 14 September 2018