Walton Community Council Neighbourhood Plan
The Neighbourhood Plan was made part of the Development Plan by Milton Keynes Council on 11th January 2017. The full Council report and decision sheet relating to this is available to view at Cabinet 11 Jan 2017.
This follows the referendum held on 17 November 2016, the results of which were 88% of those voting being in favour of the Neighbourhood Plan being used by Milton Keynes Council to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area. The turnout for the referendum was 14.6%.
The plan and other specified documents that were subject to referendum are available to download on this webpage as follows:
- The draft Walton Neighbourhood Plan, Referendum Version; (PDF, 6.6MB)
- The report of the independent examiner into the Neighbourhood Plan; (PDF, 143KB)
- A summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner (PDF, 64KB);
- A statement of the Local Planning Authority's satisfaction that the draft Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions specified by statute and complies with the provision made by or under Section 38A and 38B of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004; (PDF, 71KB)
- A statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum. (PDF, 121KB)
- The Referendum Information Statement, including a map of the area covered by the referendum (PDF, 1.4MB)
Decision statement following receipt of Examiner's report
Following the receipt of the Examiner's report on the Walton Neighbourhood Plan, Milton Keynes Council has decided that the plan, as modified, should proceed to a referendum on 17 November. Further information about the referendum will follow shortly. The Examiner's report and the Council's Decision Statement, including the modifications to be made to the Plan, can be viewed by following the links below:
- Walton Neighbourhood Plan Examiner's report (PDF, 143KB)
- Decision Statement on Walton Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 130KB)
In June 2016, Walton Community Council submitted the Walton Neighbourhood Plan to Milton Keynes Council in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Plans (General) Regulations 2012.
Following a delegated decision on 15th June, Milton Keynes Council agreed to publish the plan for a period of consultation. The Walton Neighbourhood Plan will therefore be available for comment for six weeks between Wednesday 22 June and Wednesday 3 August.
For further information on the consultation, including how to make comments, and to read the submitted plan and the accompanying documents please use the links below:
- Publicity information and how to make comments (PDF, 393KB)
- Walton Neighbourhood Plan submission version (June 2016) (PDF, 6.7MB)
- Walton Neighbourhood Plan consultation statement (PDF, 9.7MB)
- Walton Neighbourhood Plan consultation statement appendices (PDF, 3MB)
- Walton Neighbourhood Plan basic conditions statement (PDF, 1MB)
Following a Delegated Decision on the 13 January 2015, the area put forward by Walton Community Council in their Neighbourhood Plan Area Application has now been approved as a Neighbourhood Plan Area.
To comply with Regulation 7 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Milton Keynes Council is publicising the following details:
- The name of the Neighbourhood Area: Walton Neighbourhood Area.
- The name of the relevant body who applied for the designation: Walton Community Council
- A map of the designated area can be viewed at: Walton designated Neighbourhood Plan Area (PDF, 537KB)
- The relevant Delegated Decision Report and decision note can be viewed at: Delegated Decision 13 January 2015
Last Updated: 13 August 2020