Free School Meals
Milton Keynes Council does not offer an eligibility checking service; to make a claim, please contact your child’s school.
You must be in receipt of one of the below benefits to be eligible for free school meals for your child/children.
- Income Support
- Employment & Support Allowance – Income related
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (not Contribution Based JSA)
- Child Tax Credit only (with a combined family income of less than £16,190 per annum as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) Please note, anyone receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of income, will not qualify for free school meals.
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you receive)
- National Asylum Seekers Support (NASS)
- Guaranteed Element of Pension Tax Credit
Please contact your child's school for details of how to apply.
Last Updated: 19 September 2019