Making an insurance claim 

You can make an insurance claim if you believe that you have incurred damage to your property or yourself whilst in an MKCC owned building or using the footways or highways in Milton Keynes . Please remember that there is no automatic right to compensation as a result of an incident which has occurred on the footways or highways or building maintained by the Council.

In order for a claim to succeed, it must be shown that the Council has acted negligently or failed in its statutory duty. The Council will have a statutory defence to a claim if it can prove that any defect, no matter how dangerous, did not exist through any fault on its part at the date of the accident. The question of fault will be determined by whether or not the Council had in place a reasonable system of inspection and repair.

What constitutes a reasonable frequency of inspections varies according to the particular character of the footways / highways our building and the amount of use.

To make a claim please fill out a liability insurance claim form and email to