- 255,700 people were estimated to be living in Milton Keynes in 2013.
- The population of Milton Keynes increased by 43,000 since 2001. This is a growth of 20.2% compared with a growth rate of 8.9% for England.
- Milton Keynes had a younger age profile than England as a whole. 22.6% of the Milton Keynes population were aged under 16 compared with 19.0% in England.
- 65.3% of the Milton Keynes population were aged 16-64 compared with 63.8% in England as a whole.
- 12.1% of the Milton Keynes population were aged 65+ compared with 17.3% in England as a whole.
- There were slightly more females (50.5%) than males (49.5%) in Milton Keynes.
- 26.1% of the population in 2011 were from Black and Minority Ethnic groups (BME which defines as Non-White-British (all the other races except White-British)).
More information on population statistics can be viewed via the Council's MKi Observatory website.
Last Updated: 16 July 2018