Pay Council Tax
You can pay your Council Tax;
- by completing our online Direct Debit mandate form.
Payments can also be made 24 hours a day using;
- Your Council Tax Online Account - If you are liable to pay Council Tax, you can now view your account online. The benefits of registering include real-time information, amend contact details and view a full breakdown of your account
- If you know how much you need to pay you can still use our older Online Council Tax Payments system - You will need your account number that can be found on the front of your annual bill.
Save time when you pay by Direct Debit.
Millions of Council Tax payers across the UK are already saving themselves valuable time every month by paying their Council Tax automatically by Direct Debit. Just set a Direct Debit up once and you can be confident that the payments will be made automatically, on time every time.
What’s more, there’s no need to worry in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong. Every payment is fully protected under the Direct Debit Guarantee, ensuring that you will get a full refund from your bank or building society should an error occur.
Paying your Council Tax the Direct Debit way means you can choose which of our four monthly payment dates suits you best. What’s more, because it is automated you won’t have to worry about missing a payment, and yet you stay absolutely in control and can cancel the Direct Debit at any time.
Pay By Phone
Call 01908 253940 for our 24-hour automated service.
There are more than 100 Paypoints and 60 Payzone outlets in banks, Post Offices, corner shops and other businesses in Milton Keynes. Just look for the symbol pictured at the counter. Take your bill to any PayPoint/Payzone to pay by cash or cheque. See the PayPoint and Payzone sites for your nearest locations.
Pay at the Post Office
Look out for PayPoint at your Post Office and use your payment card or the barcode on your bill.
Pay at your bank
Alternatively, you can contact your bank and arrange to pay quoting the following information:
- Reference: The Council Tax account number from your bill
- Payable to: Milton Keynes Council
- Sort Code: 60-14-55
- Bank Account No: 37171542
Council Tax is usually paid in 10 instalments from April to January. New rules introduced by the Government allow customers to pay in 12 instalments if they wish. If you would like to take up this option please contact the Council Tax section via email.
If you have any queries about your Council Tax bill please contact us by email or call 01908 253794
Last Updated: 25 March 2020