There are a number of national and local schemes available for local businesses. Details on Government schemes available to businesses can be found here.
- A business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England until 30 June 2021. Further information can be found here.
- Grant support help for local businesses during local and national restrictions.
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long term viable small and medium sized businesses who may need to respond to cash flow pressures by seeking additional finance. Open for applications until 31 March 2021.
- Apply for the Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan for small and medium sized businesses to access finance. Open for applications until 31 March 2021.
- Recovery and Resilience match funding grants through South East Midlands LEP for capital funding (monthly application process beginning on 28 January 2021.
- Free business support and advice services for businesses in the South East Midlands (including MK) through the SEMLEP Growth Hub.
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - until 30 April 2021.
- Advice on VAT and Income Tax payments and the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme.
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme (until 29 Jan 2021)
Claiming back Statutory Sick Pay for Covid-19 cases for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
NHS Test and Trace in the workplace - on 26 October the Government updated guidance on NHS Test and Trace for employers, businesses and workers to reflect employers’ legal duties around staff who are self-isolating. This guidance explains how employers and businesses can support NHS Test and Trace and play their part to slow the spread of the virus and protect the health and care system
October 2020’s message from Vicky Head, Director of Public Health for Milton Keynes: Workplace letter (PDF, 145KB
Free to use COVID-19 signage for your workplace from MK Council.