Milton Keynes Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
How is this different?
The referral process into the Integrated Referral Hub is unchanged but the MASH improves how we manage child protection referrals.
Who is in the MASH?
The MASH involves a core team of representatives from Milton Keynes Council Children’s Services, Police and Health co-located at Civic, Central Milton Keynes. The MASH has links with other services such as probation, youth offending and housing.
How does the MASH work?
The MASH team analyse each contact made with them and a dedicated decision maker decides whether it goes into the MASH information sharing process.
- The MASH team manager prioritises those MASH contacts using a RAG rating (Red/Amber/Green).
- Staff from every agency in MASH gather and share securely information to enable an informed decision to be made.
- The MASH team manager uses the collected information to decide the most appropriate interventions for the child’s identified needs.
- This could be:
- Assessment by children’s social care
- Signpost to a service – such as early help or a specialist intervention
- Case closed, no further action
- The team receiving the case will receive a summary of the relevant information and feedback will be provided on the outcome of MASH process to the referrer.
What are the benefits?
- Faster, more coordinated and consistent responses to safeguarding concerns about children and families.
- An improved service ‘journey’ for each child with greater emphasis on early intervention and better informed services provided at the right time.
- Greater ability to identify potential vulnerability, enabling more preventative action to be taken and dealing with cases
- before they escalate.
- Closer partnership working, clearer accountability and less duplication of effort.
- A reduction in the number of inappropriate referrals and referrals to children’s social care.
Please click here to view the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) leaflet (PDF, 653KB) including a flowchart showing the referral process.
How to contact the MASH
Please call 01908 253169 or 253170. You can also email email@example.com
To make a referral to the MASH please complete the Multi-Agency Referral Form (MARF)
There is an option to complete an Early Help Assessment at the end of the MARF. For guidance on how to complete this please see documents on the left hand side of this page.
Last Updated: 8 April 2020