Milton Keynes Council's parks and open spaces host a wide variety of events and activities. These range from small community and charity events to carnivals, music festivals and funfairs.

Permission is required to host organised events and activities, but not for normal uses of our parks such as family picnics.

Organising an event

If you are organising an event you should:

  • find out whether you need to provide a Milton Keynes Safety Advisory Group event notification
  • apply to hold an event - the application form also sets out terms and conditions and asks you for information about the size and nature of your event
  • take out appropriate public liability insurance - a minimum of £5 million cover is required
  • allow at least four weeks for us to process your application

The charges for holding corporate, commercial and private functions on Milton Keynes Council owned parkland are:

Application fee - £52.79
Land use fee - £317.75 per day

Once the application is received it will be assessed to check that it is suitable for the intended location - local ward councillors and the parish or town council will also be notified.

The organiser will then receive official notification of our decision.

Road closures and licences

You will need to apply for a road closure or a licence for the sale of alcohol separately.