Corporate Property Strategy 2019 – 2024
The Corporate Property Strategy (PDF, 780KB) (CPS) and supporting policies set the direction of travel for the council in managing its non-residential property portfolio with the aim to achieve a fit-for purpose and sustainable asset base by 2024. In the context of property management, a sustainable asset base is one which is cost neutral or better.
The CPS sets out the following principles in managing the property portfolio:
- Provide the right buildings in the right location and condition to meet service delivery needs, now and in the future.
- Reduce the carbon footprint of our property operations, achieving carbon neutrality by 2030 and becoming carbon negative by 2050.
- Optimise the value from the Commercial Landlord estate so that property is managed in an efficient, effective, and economic manner.
- Deliver value for money by reducing maintenance liabilities and running costs; improving the capital value of the estate; and making savings through smarter procurement.
- Support the Council’s growth agenda by using our existing asset base to identify opportunities to develop housing and job creation.
- Accessibility Policy (PDF, 374KB)
- Acquisition & Investment Policy (PDF, 440KB)
- Building Maintenance Policy (PDF, 453KB)
- Lease & Rent Management Policy (PDF, 374KB)
- Property Disposal & Transfer Policy (PDF, 327KB)
- Risk & Compliance Policy (PDF, 311KB)
Many services within our Estates team are subject to fees and charges. For current fees and charges please refer to the Estates Fees & Charges 2021-22 (PDF, 174KB) document or email us for more information.
Last Updated: 6 May 2021