Some of our collection days are changing.Due to the growth of Milton Keynes we are moving the collection day for three areas from Monday 6th November. Bancroft Park will move from Tuesday to Monday, while Woughton Park and Woughton-on-the-Green will move from Tuesday to Wednesday. All other days remain the same, although the collection times could change. Please make sure that your waste is presented on the boundary of your property by 7am on the morning of your collection, but not before 5pm the evening before.
Milton Keynes Council collects
- pink sacks (dry recyclables),
- black sacks (household waste),
- blue boxes (glass bottles and jars),
- yellow bags (batteries)
- green wheeled bins (mixed food and garden waste)
- Bulky waste items (this is a paid for service that you need to book a collection)
from the kerbside of most houses each week.
Where and when to put your bins out
- Waste must be presented by 7am on the day of your collection (but not before 5pm the evening before)
- make sure the right waste is put in the right container
- put waste on the boundary of your property closest to where the collection vehicle passes.
If you think your rubbish has been missed by our team please use our missed bin reporting form
Getting help with putting your bins out
If you need help putting bins bages or boxes out request an assisted collection
Waste Collections from Flats
Flats where Eurobins are provided should ensure that all bags are contained within the correct bin (pink for recycling and black for waste) and access to the bins is not obstructed by loose bags or bulky waste. These larger bins are collected once a week, but not necesarily on the same day as the normal household collections.
Do you want updates on changes due to bank holidays or a reminder to put your rubbish out? Download our free app for