Household Waste Recycling Centres
Who can use the sites?
These sites are free for residents of the Borough of Milton Keynes. You may be asked to show identification such as a driving license or utility bill to prove that you are resident in the borough. Non-residents will be liable to charges to use these facilities.
None of our sites are suitable for pedestrians.
Please ensure you arrive at the sites at least 10 minutes before they close to ensure you have time to tip.
Vehicle Controls (Effective from 1st October 2018)
Height barriers will limit access to our household waste sites to vehicles under 2 metres high. Vehicles over 2 metres high will need to use our Newport Pagnell Household Waste Site where access will be through the trade waste lane. Trade and Commercial waste will be charged for at the advertised rates. This includes waste from landlords, non-residents of Milton Keynes and anybody carrying waste for other people. To assist with the correct identification of waste, residents may wish to take relevant paperwork such as van rental documents. You may be asked to complete a household waste declaration form onsite to confirm that the waste is yours and from your property.
Vans, pick-up trucks and vehicles with trailers will not be allowed to use Bleak Hall Household Waste Site due to it's limited size. These larger vehicles are still welcome to use the New Bradwell or Newport Pagnell sites which are larger and can accomodate them better.
Where are the sites?
Our three Household Waste Recycling Centres are located at:
- Bleak Hall, Chesney Wold MK6 1NE
- New Bradwell, Newport Road MK13 0AH
- Newport Pagnell, North Crawley MK16 9HG
The centres are open 7 days a week from:
- 8am to 8pm from 1st April to 30th September
- 8am to 5pm from 1st October to 31st March
- Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Centres will close at 1pm on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- Trade times vary - See our Trade Waste Page
For general enquiries regarding the Household Waste Recycling Centres email the Waste Team or call 01908 25 25 70.
What materials do the sites accept?
The Household Waste Recycling Centres accept the following items for recycling or safe disposal:-
- newspapers and magazines
- food tins and drinks cans
- aluminium foil
- plastic bottles and plastic food packaging
- mixed textiles and clothes
- glass bottles and jars
- wood and timber
- hardcore and rubble
- garden waste
- cooking oil
- videos, vinyl records, CDs and DVDs
- food and drink cartons
- tyres (not Bleak Hall)
- light bulbs
- used engine oil
- car batteries
- fluorescent tubes
- low energy bulbs
- TVs and monitors
- fridges and freezers
- large appliances (cookers, washing machines, etc)
- small appliances (computers, table lamps, etc)
- household and garden chemicals
- asbestos (New Bradwell only - see also disposing of asbestos)
- gas bottles (contents must be identifiable)
- fire extinguishers (contents must be identifiable)
- household waste
You can call the Household Waste Recycling Centres for advice on:
- Bleak Hall - 01908 604171
- New Bradwell - 01908 315111
- Newport Pagnell - 01908 616312
(Please note site operatives may be out on site and unable to answer.)
Unfortunately we no longer sell compost made from the Food and Garden waste scheme at our sites.
Last Updated: 5 November 2018