Community Recycling Centres (tips)
These sites are free for residents of the Borough of Milton Keynes. You may be asked to show identification such as a driving license or utility bill to prove that you are resident in the borough. Non-residents will be liable to charges to use these facilities.
None of our sites are suitable for pedestrians.
Please ensure you arrive at the sites at least 10 minutes before they close to ensure you have time to tip.
Our three Community Recycling Centres are located at:
- Bleak Hall, Chesney Wold MK6 1NE
- New Bradwell, Newport Road MK13 0AH
- Newport Pagnell, North Crawley MK16 9HG
A map showing the locations of the community recycling centres is also available.
The centres are open 7 days a week from:
- 8am to 8pm from 1st April to 30th September
- 8am to 5pm from 1st October to 31st March
- Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Centres will close at 1pm on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- Trade times vary - See our Trade Waste Page
For general enquiries regarding the Community Recycling Centres email the Waste Team or call 01908 25 25 70.
The Community Recycling Centres accept the following items for recycling or safe disposal:-
- newspapers and magazines
- food tins and drinks cans
- aluminium foil
- plastic bottles and plastic food packaging
- mixed textiles and clothes
- glass bottles and jars
- wood and timber
- hardcore and rubble
- garden waste
- cooking oil
- videos, vinyl records, CDs and DVDs
- food and drink cartons
- tyres (not Bleak Hall)
- light bulbs
- used engine oil
- car batteries
- fluorescent tubes
- low energy bulbs
- TVs and monitors
- fridges and freezers
- large appliances (cookers, washing machines, etc)
- small appliances (computers, table lamps, etc)
- household and garden chemicals
- asbestos (New Bradwell only - see also disposing of asbestos)
- gas bottles
- household waste
You can call the Community Recycling Centres for advice on:
- Bleak Hall - 01908 604171
- New Bradwell - 01908 315111
- Newport Pagnell - 01908 616312
(Please note site operatives may be out on site and unable to answer.)
Unfortunately we are no longer able to sell compost made from the Food and Garden waste scheme at our sites.
Last Updated: 11 August 2017