Household Waste Recycling Centres
Where are the Household Waste Recycling Centres?
Our three Household Waste Recycling Centres are located at:
- Bleak Hall, Chesney Wold, MK6 1NE
- New Bradwell, Newport Road, MK13 0AH
- Newport Pagnell, North Crawley Road, MK16 9HG
The centres are open 7 days a week from:
- 8am to 8pm from 1st April to 30th September
- 8am to 5pm from 1st October to 31st March
- Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Centres will close at 1pm on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- Trade times vary - See our Trade Waste Page
Please ensure you arrive at the sites at least 10 minutes before they close to ensure you have time to tip.
Who can use the sites?
Household Waste Recycling Centres are free for residents of the Borough of Milton Keynes. You may be asked to show identification such as a driving licence or utility bill to prove that you are a local resident. Non-residents will be liable to charges to use these facilities.
Trade Waste can only be taken to our Newport Pagnell site. Please see our commercial and industrial waste pages for further details. Charges will be applied at rates advertised on site.
Vehicle Height Restrictions
2 metre height barriers are now installed at all our sites and vans, pick-up trucks and vehicles with trailers will no longer be allowed to use Bleak Hall Household Waste Site due to its limited size. These larger vehicles are still welcome to use the New Bradwell or Newport Pagnell sites which are larger and can accommodate them better. Vehicles over 2 metres high will need to use the trade waste entrance at Newport Pagnell which involves going over the weighbridge, however there is no charge if you are a householder carrying your own waste.
Trade and Commercial waste will be charged for at the advertised rates. This includes waste from landlords, non-residents of Milton Keynes and anybody carrying waste for other people. To assist with the correct identification of waste, it is advisable for residents to take relevant paperwork such as van rental documents. You may be asked to complete a household waste declaration form on-site to confirm that the waste is yours and from your property.
What materials do the sites accept?
The Household Waste Recycling Centres accept the following items for recycling or safe disposal:-
- aerosol spray cans
- aluminium foil
- asbestos (New Bradwell only - see also disposing of asbestos)
- car batteries
- cooking oil
- fire extinguishers (contents must be identifiable)
- fluorescent tubes
- food and drink cartons
- food tins and drinks cans
- fridges and freezers
- garden waste
- gas bottles (contents must be identifiable)
- glass bottles and jars
- hardcore and rubble
- household and garden chemicals
- household waste
- large appliances (cookers, washing machines, etc.)
- light bulbs
- low energy bulbs
- mixed textiles and clothes
- newspapers and magazines
- plastic bottles and plastic food packaging
- small appliances (computers, table lamps, etc.)
- TVs and monitors
- tyres (not Bleak Hall)
- used engine oil
- videos, vinyl records, CDs and DVDs
- wood and timber
Household Waste Centre Site Rules
For general enquiries regarding the Household Waste Recycling Centres email the Waste Team or call 01908 25 25 70.
You can call the Household Waste Recycling Centres for advice on:
- Bleak Hall - 01908 604171
- New Bradwell - 01908 315111
- Newport Pagnell - 01908 616312
(Please note site operatives may be out on site and unable to answer.)
Unfortunately we no longer sell compost made from the Food and Garden waste scheme at our sites.
Last Updated: 6 March 2019