Household Waste Recycling Centres
To visit our sites you MUST make a booking. We release slots daily which MK residents can book up to seven days in advance.
Sites are open for essential visits only, to dispose of harmful waste that cannot be stored at home safely. Only bring manageable items you can dispose of by yourself as site staff are unable to help at this time. If you require assistance you may bring one additional person with you.
Safety of the public and our team is essential so anyone who feels ill or is displaying COVID-19 symptoms must not visit our sites.
You must bring your confirmation email and proof of ID, or you will not be allowed on site.
How to book a visit to the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
Visits can be booked online or by telephone, up to seven days in advance. New booking slots are released every day, on a rolling basis. Residents with vehicles over 2m tall must book at the Newport Pagnell site.
To make a booking (15 min slot) you need to confirm the registration number of the vehicle you plan to use, which site you wish to visit and your email address for the booking confirmation to be sent to.
Each booking is for a single entry to the site and you will not be allowed on site without your confirmation email and proof of address e.g. driving licence.
If you don't have access to the internet, you can book by calling us on 01908 252811.
The locations and opening times of HWRC
Traffic management measures are in operation to minimise risk to staff and visitors, and the impact on the surrounding area.
|Bleak Hall, Chesney Wold||MK6 1NE||8:00am to 5:00pm|
|New Bradwell, Newport Road||MK13 0AH||8:00am to 5:00pm|
|Newport Pagnell, North Crawley Road||MK16 9HG||8:00am to 5:00pm|
|Bleak Hall, Chesney Wold||MK6 1NE||7:00am to 7:00pm|
|New Bradwell, Newport Road||MK13 0AH||7:00am to 7:00pm|
|Newport Pagnell, North Crawley Road||MK16 9HG||7:00am to 7:00pm|
The chart below shows the vehicles that are allowed at our sites. Our sites are not suitable for pedestrian access or for vehicles over 3.5 tonnes.
- Wear gloves when unloading waste
- Wear sensible footwear (no flip flops or sandals)
- Wear trousers, not shorts
- Do not climb over the walls or into skips
- Do not use mobile phones on site
- No hot ashes or disposable BBQs
- No smoking on site
- Do not bring pets or children
What materials do the sites accept?
The HWRCs accept the following items for recycling or safe disposal:
- Asbestos that has been securely wrapped (New Bradwell site only) - We are not able to accept asbestos from commercial sources
- Batteries and car batteries
- Cooking oil and used engine oil
- Electronic and electrical items, e.g. computers, laptops, mobile phones, lamps
- Fire extinguishers - contents must be identifiable
- Furniture e.g. tables, beds, mattresses, etc
- Gas bottles (contents must be identifiable)
- Hardcore and rubble
- Some hazardous waste items - see our advice before booking
- Household and garden chemicals
- Light bulbs, low energy bulbs and fluorescent tubes
- Mixed textiles and clothes
- Tyres (not Bleak Hall site)
- Videos, vinyl records, CDs and DVDs
- White goods e.g. fridges, freezers, washing machines, cookers, etc
- Wood and timber
- Other household waste
What if I can't make my time slot?
If you are unable to make your time slot, you will need to rebook as we are currently unable to make changes to existing the booking. Please rebook online or by calling us on 01908 252811.
What else can I do with my waste?
See our advice about what to do when disposing of household and bulky waste.
Last Updated: 12 January 2022