Disposing of household items and bulky waste
- Reuse - your unwanted items could still be of use to someone else. There are lots of ways to sell or give away unwanted things
- Visit the tip - remember Household Waste Recycling Centres are open and free to MK residents, but you need to book before you attend
- Book a bulky waste collection - see information below
- Hire a waste carrier - before hiring a company or person check our advice first to ensure your rubbish doesn't get dumped or fly tipped
- Hire a waste carrier or skip - if you are having a large clear out, you might consider hiring a skip
- Hazardous waste - check our advice first
How to arrange a bulky waste collection
Please call our Customer Services team on 01908 252570 or email email@example.com. You will then be provided with a price, date and time for collection.
For collection of large amounts of items it may be necessary for one of our officers to visit, in line with all current social distancing rules, to provide a quotation. Alternatively, drop off tems free of charge at one of our Household Waste Recycling Centres or consider hiring a skip.
What don't we collect?
We do not collect hazardous waste, car batteries, tyres, sheets of glass or commercial waste.
How much does it cost?
The cost for the bulky waste collection is calculated using a points based system, this may include disposal costs where applicable. Small items have lower points values, while larger items have higher points values. When you call Customer Service on 01908 252570 the cost will be calculated and confirmed before your booking is placed.
How to prepare for a collection
All items booked for collection should be presented in an accessible location within the boundary of your property closest to where the collection vehicle passes, such as a garden, driveway or bin store by 7am on the morning of your collection. Please note: collection crews are not, under any circumstances, permitted to enter any property, so your items must be left outside. The vehicles which collect bulky waste are separate from the vehicles that collect your clear and black sacks. We also collect white goods separately from other bulky waste. See full terms and conditions below.
If you live in a council flat or a private flat within a council block, please place items for collection in the communal waste area. Do not place items outside your front door or on the landings as this is in breach of tenancy conditions and fire regulations.
Our terms and conditions can be viewed here.
Last Updated: 16 September 2021