Disposing of large household items and bulky waste
There are several different ways to dispose of large household items safely:
- Give it to charity or someone else.
- Contact the re-use community project.
- Sell it.
- Use a shop 'take back' or 'trade in' scheme when buying new large items of furniture or white goods - charges may apply.
- If you are having a large clear out, you may wish to hire a skip. Go to Skip and Bin and type in your postcode for a price comparison of skip hire charges in your area.
- Take it to one of our Community Recycling Centres (tips) for free disposal.
- Use Milton Keynes Council's bulky waste collection service - This is a charged for service is intended for rubbish bags, household furniture, bathroom items, white goods, carpets, mattresses, soil and garden waste, TVs, and microwaves etc.
Please note that we don't collect hazadous waste, car batteries, tyres, sheets of glass or commercial waste. Find out more about our large items of waste collection service.
Last Updated: 10 May 2017