Disposing of household items and bulky waste
Reuse and recycle
Your unwanted items could still be of use to someone else. There are lots of ways to sell or give away unwanted things.
- Consider donating to a local charity. They need all types of household items, including clothing, toys, bric-a-brac and many can collect larger items of furniture.
- Search on-line for local web or Facebook groups where items can be sold or given away free to MK residents. You could also list you item for sale on on-line market places and auction websites.
- House clearance firms will clear homes and make a charitable donation from their profits. Many items are re-used for community projects, some charges may apply.
- Arrange bulky waste collection. This chargeable service is for items such as household furniture, carpets, white goods, microwaves, TVs, garden waste and rubbish bags. We can’t collect hazardous waste and items like car batteries, tyres, sheets of glass or commercial waste.
- If you are having a large clear out during the Coronavirus pandemic, you might consider hiring a skip. Go to Skip and Bin and type in your postcode for a price comparison of skip hire charges in your area.
- Remember Household Waste Recycling Centres (the 'tips') are open but you need to book before you attend.
Last Updated: 14 September 2020