Complaints about Adult Social Care

We are committed to providing high quality social care, there may be times when things go wrong and you do not feel satisfied. When this happens, we want to hear about it, so that we can explain things and try our best to put them right. Please do not worry if you make a complaint, that we will treat you unfavourably because of it, this will not happen. You have the right to tell us if something is wrong and we need to know.

We try hard to make sure that our assessments are carried out thoroughly and fairly, and we work hard to make sure that our care services are as efficient and effective as possible.  

How can I tell you about my complaint, comment or compliment?

Complaints, comments or compliments all help us to improve the way we do things, you can tell us about a complaint, provide positive and constructive feedback or make a comment using our online form - this will immediately log your complaint or comment onto our system. You will receive confirmation and a unique reference number and password which will enable you to track the progress of your complaint or comment online.  Alternatively, you can call our complaints line on 01908 253817.

Complaints, comments or compliments form

The Complaints Procedure

Stage 1 - In most cases problems can be sorted out quickly and satisfactory at stage 1, the Investigating Officer will look in to your complaint and what you think ought to be done to put things right. You will receive an acknowledgement within 3 working days and we aim to provide a full response within 20 working days. 

Stage 2 - If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you can request that the matter be reviewed at stage 2 of our complaints process. To request a review please contact your investigating officer or the Customer Feedback Team within 20 working days of your response, setting out your reasons for dissatisfaction with the outcome at stage 1.  This information will then be considered, taking into account what has been investigated at stage 1 and your reasons for why this has not fulfilled your expectations.  If it is deemed that the council’s response will stay the same we may confirm a final decision at stage 1, however if we agree that a review is required then the matter will be escalated to stage 2.

If you remain dissatisfied with the Council's response following the 2 stages, you can contact the Ombudsman

Consent and Data Protection

Anyone can make a complaint on your behalf, if you are unable to do so. They will need signed authorisation from you.  Please be assured that all complaints, comments and compliments will be dealt with in confidence.

The Advocacy People and the CAB provide independent advocacy services for people in Milton Keynes with social care needs, they can help you to understand your rights and choices and help to get your voice heard.

The CQC cannot get involved in individual complaints, but is happy to receive information about our services which are registered with them at any time. You can contact the CQC at:



Care Quality Commission National Correspondence 



Newcastle upon Tyne


Telephone: 03000 616161

General enquiries contact information

  • 01908 691691 - 9am-5.15pm Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and 10am-5.15pm Wed (Out of hours emergency phone: 01908 226699)

Civic, 1 Saxon Gate East, Milton Keynes MK9 3EJ