Milton Keynes Council is supporting our high streets, pubs, restaurants and other local businesses as they reopen carefully during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here's the latest advice for businesses from Government.
Resources and action:
- We contacted over 2,000 food, licensed and other businesses to give advice about re-opening safely and dealing with unexpected risks. Read about licensing FAQs updated with latest Government pub and restaurant guidance. (PDF, 185KB)
- Find out about support available for businesses re: business rates and grants, and to check your eligibility.
- Information for MK Council Commercial Tenants.
- We’ve summarised government advice into how retailers can reopen safely into a two page document (PDF, 229KB). You can read the original guidance here.
- We’ve created material that businesses can use, including indoor guidance posters and floor stickers. It’s free to download at www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/safety-signs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there’s anything missing that you need.
- We offer free Trading Standards advice including how to re-open in line with the changes in legislation including around click and collect.
- We’ve rolled out a public awareness campaign Help MK Control COVID-19 to remind people how best to stop the spread of the virus while they are out and about, and to give them confidence.
- We’re publicising businesses that are reopening on our digital and social channels using the hashtag #restartMK. We’ll also be including a special feature on local businesses in the next edition of our resident magazine which will be delivered to all homes in September.
Visit Britain checkmark
If you are a business within the tourism sector, you can apply for a FREE UK-wide industry standard and consumer mark to reassure your customers that your business adheres to Government and public health guidance.
The 'We’re Good To Go’ mark is available for businesses, attractions and destinations to demonstrate that clear processes are in place in response to COVID-19.
To apply click here.
Last Updated: 28 July 2020