Coronavirus support and information
Impact on council services
Please note our Civic offices are now closed to the public. Click to check the latest changes to council services. Our individual web pages also have advice and details of how to contact us.
Help for individuals
- If you're worried about your financial situation, help may be available. Click here for advice on benefits and other support.
- If you or anyone you know is at risk (self neglect, domestic violence, or other harm) visit our safeguarding pages for advice. In an emergency call 999.
- If you're worried about a scam, please call us on 0808 2231133 or email email@example.com.
- Food Bank Xtra is our partnership with the MK Food Bank, and is an emergency food service for people in crisis.
- If you are in a high risk category (eg over 70, you would usually be eligible for a flu jab, or you are pregnant) and have no other local support (eg friends/family/neighbours) and need help to access food or medicine, call us on 01908 252398. We can take calls Monday to Friday between 9am and 5:15pm (NB not on bank holidays). Please note, this helpline is people who have no other support to turn to. If you do have friends and neighbours who can help, please do keep this resource free for people in need.
Help for businesses
- Click for a page setting out the support for businesses re: business rates and grants, and to check your eligibility.
- Here's the latest advice for businesses from Government.
- Click for Information for MK Council Commercial Tenants.
How to help others
- Donate to the MK Emergency Response Appeal and support local groups helping vulnerable people.
- Check up on your neighbours (while following all social distancing measures) and support friends, family and neighbours who may be vulnerable to scams. Find our more about being a good neighbour here.
- Make a donation to Food Bank Xtra.
Last Updated: 10 May 2020