Do It Online - Benefits and Council Tax
When making a claim online for housing benefit or council tax reduction you may be asked to bring an original document to the council offices for verification. Please note that in view of the current national situation and until further notice we will be able to accept copies of documents by e-mail.
Applying online is easy and you can find all the information you need on these pages. You can call, but there may be a wait. Fewer people call in the afternoons, so why not try then? We don’t take calls on a Wednesday so we can spend the day concentrating on processing applications.
- Set up a Council Tax Direct Debit online
- View your Council Tax account online
- Apply for Local Welfare Provision
- Apply for a Discretionary Housing or Council Tax Payment
- Find my nearest - information and maps about Council services and other community facilities in your local area
If you don't have internet access at home you can use public internet access to pay and apply online.
Last Updated: 16 March 2022