Multi-Modal Transport Model
Milton Keynes Council (MKC) commissioned AECOM in 2016 to fulfil the following objectives:
- Update the existing Milton Keynes Multi-Modal Model and develop the 2016 base year;
- Model and assess the 2031 Reference Case; and
- Model and assess Plan:MK growth scenarios.
Work on these objectives has been completed, and the outputs are available via the two reports below:
- The Milton Keynes Multi-Modal Model Update Highway Model Traffic Forecasting Report, October 2017 (PDF, 7.9MB) which sets out the 2031 Reference Case assessment. Appendices (PDF, 324KB) for the report are also available.
- The Milton Keynes Multi-Modal Model Impacts of Plan:MK, November 2017 (PDF, 20.1MB) which sets out the assessment of the Plan:MK Scenarios. The figures within the report are also available in larger format - MKMM Impacts of Plan:MK Figures (PDF, 42.9MB)
Work has begun to define and test a range of interventions to manage the traffic and congestion impacts associated with the growth identified within the 2031 Reference Case and the Plan:MK Scenarios. This work will be published in 2018 to support the submission of Plan:MK 2016-2031 to the Planning Inspectorate in Spring 2018.
Last Updated: 16 November 2017