Multi-Modal Transport Model
Milton Keynes Council (MKC) commissioned AECOM in 2016 to fulfil the following objectives:
- Update the existing Milton Keynes Multi-Modal Model and develop the 2016 base year;
- Model and assess the 2031 Reference Case; and
- Model and assess Plan:MK growth scenarios.
Work on these objectives has been completed, and the outputs are available via the two reports below:
- The Milton Keynes Multi-Modal Model Update Highway Model Traffic Forecasting Report, October 2017 (PDF, 8.2MB) which sets out the 2031 Reference Case assessment. Appendices (PDF, 324KB) for the report are also available.
Please note that the main report and appendices were republished on 4 December 2017 to correct an error in the previous editions relating to delay plots for Brinklow and Monkston Junctions.
- The Milton Keynes Multi-Modal Model Impacts of Plan:MK, November 2017 (PDF, 20.1MB) which sets out the assessment of the Plan:MK Scenarios. The figures within the report are also available in larger format - MKMM Impacts of Plan:MK Figures (PDF, 42.9MB)
Work has begun to define and test a range of interventions to manage the traffic and congestion impacts associated with the growth identified within the 2031 Reference Case and the Plan:MK Scenarios. This work will be published in 2018 to support the submission of Plan:MK 2016-2031 to the Planning Inspectorate in Spring 2018.
Last Updated: 15 July 2020