Help with Rent and Council Tax

From 5 December 2018 most working age people living in the Milton Keynes area cannot make a new claim for Housing Benefit. Instead they will claim Housing Costs with their Universal Credit.

Existing benefit claimants

If you are already claiming any benefits you don’t need to do anything. You’ll be told when Universal Credit will affect you. However if your situation changes and this results in your benefits changing you may need to claim Universal Credit if it has started in your area.  

More information about Universal Credit, who can claim and how to claim can be found on the GOV.UK website