Claim summary

Customers with a Council Tax Reduction and/or Housing Benefit claim reference can view a summary of their claim by clicking on the "View my claim summary" hyperlink.

Council Tax Reduction notifications 

We no longer send out Council Tax Reduction (CTR) notifications. Your Council Tax bill confirms the CTR award amount. The back of your bill also provides you with information regarding your rights of appeal and duty to notify a change in circumstances.  You can view your CTR breakdown by registering and logging in. Register or log in here  Council Tax Options - Milton Keynes City Council ( You can request a copy of your statement by email, post or telephone.


Information about claiming Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit can help you pay your rent if you’re unemployed, on a low income or claiming benefits. Applications are made online and you may also upload any evidence required.

Income and Expenditure forms

These forms should be used where applicable in support of your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction application

Landlord advice

This section provides comprehensive information regarding benefits.


This is for people who live with you who are not your partner or people named on your tenancy agreement


More information on the appeals process.

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)

If you are receiving Housing Benefit or Universal Credit and having difficulty paying your rent you may be able to claim extra help. This is called a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP).

Warm spaces and activities

We’ve provided funding to Milton Keynes Town and Parish Councils to create or extend warm spaces and activities as part of our cost-of-living support.
Benefits Team

Benefits Team - existing claims contact information